Looking for a Halloween treat that’s easy to make, not super scary, and reminiscent of those peanut butter cups that you can get at the store? If that’s the case, these are perfect for you! They look more complicated than they actually are, and the most difficult part is waiting for them to free, and the only thing that difficult about that is that you’ll want want to eat them the moment you start putting them together. Trust me, though–it’ll be worth the wait!
What You Need
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cupsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 graham cracker sheets
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Chocolate mold to create bars
How You Do It
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until chocolate is smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into molds, paying special attention to sides. Make sure there are no holes. When finished, stick in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- While chocolate is freezing, crush graham crackers and set aside.
- Begin to make the filling by melting butter on the stove.
- Once melted, keep pot on stove and add in the peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
- Remove pot from stove. Add the sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
- Pull mold out of the freezer and fill with peanut butter filling, making sure that edges are filled. When finished, return to freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- While bars are in freezer, melt peanut butter chips.
- Pour over bars, making sure to fill all the way. When done, place back in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- When the bars are set, remove from freezer and pop out of mold. Flip over so that the chocolate is on the top and drizzle with the remaining peanut butter.
That’s it! These are so simple but taste amazing.
Not to mention, look at how beautiful. I love the contrast of the peanut butter against the chocolate.
Seriously. If I wasn’t busy eating all of these in one sitting, I’d be busy admiring how nice they look.
That’s all for now. As I mentioned in my previous post, this isn’t going be my last Halloween/fall inspired treat. One more post is coming your way tomorrow, and, hint, it involves cupcakes. Until then,
One Comment Add yours