Valentine’s Day may be over, but what are you supposed to do with all of that leftover candy? Or maybe you’re one of these people who don’t even like Valentine’s Day but you like to take advantage of all discounted candy? Either way, this blondies have you covered! Made with M&Ms, dark chocolate, and peanut butter cups, they’re the perfect post-Valentine’s treat.
What You Need
- 3/4 cup salted butter (12 tablespoons)
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups M&Ms
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped peanut butter cups (approximately 10 minis)
How You Do It
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 13×9 inch pain with parchment paper
- Melt butter and stir in the sugars until sugars have melted.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sprinkle in the baking powder and salt. Going a 1/2 cup at a time, add in the flour.
- Fold in the chocolate candy. If you’ve been using a stand mixer or hand mixer, it’s best to simply use a spoon for this step–otherwise you risk breaking the candy into super tiny pieces.
- Press dough in prepared pan. If you would like, add a few more candies to the top of the dough. Bake for 23-27 minutes.
- When they’re done, pull them out of the oven, let them cool for 5 minutes, remove them from the pan, and cut them.
And that’s it! Depending on how you cut them, you can have up to 24 blondies.
A word to the wise, though: it’s impossible to each just one of these at a time. Trust me, I tried. My boyfriend tried. We both failed. Miserably.
The moral of the story? These are absolutely delicious. Until next time,