With 4th of July coming up, I wanted to give you guys a recipe that’s easy to make and doesn’t require much time and effort. If you’re anything like me, you’ll be cooking a lot, and the last think you want is to be stressed over dessert. Made with both cocoa powder and chocolate chips, these bite-sized treats are decorated with red, white, and blue–making them a perfect 4th of July treat! They’re so simple that you don’t even need a hand mixer.
What you need
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup blue chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup red chocolate chips
- white sprinkles
How you do it
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×9 inch pan with either wax or parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Sift in the unsweetened cocoa powder and stir. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter in microwave. Whisk in sugar. At this point, the mixture will begin to look like chunky apple sauce.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs (one at a time), continuing to whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- When done, remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Once brownies are cool, melt chocolates. Using a piping bag or baggie, drizzle over brownies in desired pattern, alternating between colors. Decorate with white sprinkles.
- When you’re done, cut them up and enjoy!
I was able to make a tray of 36, but you can really cut them into into size you want; they don’t necessarily have to be ~bite-sized~.
In my opinion, these taste 10 times better than any brownie box mix–and I love the box mix.
What are your plans for the 4th of July? What’s your favorite dessert for this time of the year? Let me know in the comments below. Until next time,