Looking for something that you can use a whole bunch of ingredients at once? Look no more than these cookies! Containing chocolate chips, peanuts, pretzels, and potato chips, these are a sweet and salty treat with a forgiving dough that makes these very customizable. If you’re interested, read on!
Speaking of customization, these cookies have a lot of chocolate in them. Don’t want that much chocolate? Feel free to cut down on the amount–or even switch it to milk chocolate. Same thing with the other mix-ins; if you’d like more peanuts, pretzels, or potato chips, it up to you. Again, completely customizable!
What You Need
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chips
- 1/3 cup & 1 tablespoon crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup crushed unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips
- Unsalted peanuts
- Potato chips
- Course sea salt
How You Do It
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter, pour over sugars, and combine.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Going a half a cup at a time, blend into the wet ingredients.
- If you’re using a mixing bowl or a hand mixer, switch to a spoon and stir in the chocolate chips, pretzels, peanuts, and potato chips.
- To prevent dough from spreading too much while baking, place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- When ready, begin to prepare the cookie sheet. Roll dough into table-spoon sized balls and flatten. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. If desired, top with extra peanuts and pretzels. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Move to a cooling rack, cool ten minutes, and enjoy!
Just look at the amount of chocolate!
I’m actually partial to the potato chips; they provide an interesting texture but don’t throw off the balance of the whole cookie.
What do you think? Willing to give these sweet and salty cookies a try? Let me know in the comments below! Until next time,