I’m back with another orange-inspired recipe–and this one uses multiple parts of the orange!
What You Need
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 + 1 tablespoon flour
- 2-3 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
Whipped Orange Butter
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons powered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh squeezed orange juice
How you do it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place cupcake liners in tin.
- In a cup or small bowl, combine the milk, orange juice, and orange zest. Stir and set aside.
- In a different bowl, combine the dry ingredients with the chia seeds: salt, baking powder, and flour. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and orange zest.
- Add in about half the dry ingredients.
- Pour in half the milk mixture and combine.
- Add in the rest of the dry ingredients, followed by the second half of the milk mixture.
- Pour batter into the cupcake liners. Bake for 22-27 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking, make the butter. Whip together the softened butter and the powered sugar. Add in the zest and juice. Put into a small container and refriderate when not in use.
- When you’re ready to eat, serve muffins warm, with a generous amount of orange whipped butter on top.
Now, a fair warning: when you make these, they will go fast. They smell incredible, and when the butter on top melts… absolute perfection.
PS: I’m trying a new streamlined format. Less fluff. Let me know what you think; hope you’re all staying safe and healthy!